This course is designed to help new managers and supervisors learn and apply good management principles and leadership practices in their work place.
Overview of Program
The Management Essentials Certificate course utilizes a variety of proven instructional techniques throughout this nine-week course which build on the essential knowledge and skill that managers must possess to be successful. Class discussions and exercises are geared for leaders in any stage of their careers – from the new supervisor who needs a basic foundation to the tenured manager who has years of experience.
- 9 classes over a 9 week period
- Attendance at 8 of the 9 classes is required to receive the Certificate
- Classes missed may be made up in a future section
- Option to take courses individually (non-certificate option)
- Program cost: $899 program fee for Members | $1,149 for Non-Members
September 9 – November 4, 2014
9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- September 9 – Strategic Interviewing
- September 16 – New Employee Orientation
- September 23 – Effective Communication in the Workplace
- September 30 – Resolving Conflict and Building Strong Teams
- October 7 - Conducting Effective Performance Appraisals
- October 14 - Reprimand, Discipline and Discharge
- October 21 - Practicing Leadership in the Workplace
- October 28 - Time Management and Delegation
- November 4 – Employment Law