This course is designed to help new managers and supervisors learn and apply good management principles and leadership practices in their work place.
Overview of Program
The Management Essentials Certificate course utilizes a variety of proven instructional techniques throughout this nine-week course which build on the essential knowledge and skill that managers must possess to be successful. Class discussions and exercises are geared for leaders in any stage of their careers – from the new supervisor who needs a basic foundation to the tenured manager who has years of experience.
- 9 classes over a 9 week period
- Attendance at 8 of the 9 classes is required to receive the Certificate
- Courses may also be taken and paid for individually if desired (non-Certificate option)
- $899 program fee for Members/ $1,149 for Non-Members
March 25 – May 20, 2014
Every Tuesday Evening
5 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- March 25 – New Employee Orientation
- April 1 – Strategic Interviewing
- April 8 – Effective Communication in the Workplace
- April 15 – Resolving Conflict
- April 22 – Performance Appraisals
- April 29 – Documentation, Discipline and Discharge
- May 6 – Practicing Leadership in the Workplace
- May 13 – Time Management and Delegation
- May 20 – Employment Law