This course is designed to help new managers and supervisors learn and apply good management principles and leadership practices in their work place.
Overview of Program
The Management Essentials Certificate course utilizes a variety of proven instructional techniques throughout this nine-week course which build on the essential knowledge and skill that managers must possess to be successful. Class discussions and exercises are geared for leaders in any stage of their careers – from the new supervisor who needs a basic foundation to the tenured manager who has years of experience.
- 9 classes over a 9 week period
- Attendance at 8 of the 9 classes is required to receive the Certificate
- Classes missed may be made up in a future section
- Option to take courses individually (non-certificate option)
- Program cost: $899 program fee for Members | $1,149 for Non-Members
January 20 – March 17, 2015
9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- January 20 - Employee Orientation for Supervisors
- January 27 - Successful Interviewing Techniques for Supervisors
- February 3 - Performance Appraisals: Managing the Process
- February 10 - 5 Steps to Managing Conflict
- February 17 - Communication Skills
- February 24 - Fundamentals of Employment Law
- March 3 – Time Management & Delegation
- March 10 - Becoming a Confident Leader
- March 17 - Documentation & Discipline