This course is designed to help new managers and supervisors learn and apply good management principles and leadership practices in their work place.
Overview of Program
The Management Essentials Certificate course utilizes a variety of proven instructional techniques throughout this nine-week course which build on the essential knowledge and skill that managers must possess to be successful. Class discussions and exercises are geared for leaders in any stage of their careers – from the new supervisor who needs a basic foundation to the tenured manager who has years of experience.
- 9 classes over a 9 week period
- Attendance at 8 of the 9 classes is required to receive the Certificate
- Classes missed may be made up in a future section
- Option to take courses individually (non-certificate option)
- Program cost: $899 program fee for Members | $1,149 for Non-Members
January 20 – March 17, 2015
9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- January 20 – New Employee Orientation
- January 27 - Strategic Interviewing
- February 3 - Communication
- February 10 – Resolving Conflict
- February 17 – Performance Appraisals
- February 24 – Employment Law
- March 3 – Leadership
- March 10 - Time Management & Delegation
- March 17 - Reprimand, Discipline & Discharge