To help new managers and supervisors learn and apply good management principles in their work place.
Overview of Program
We use a variety of proven instructional techniques throughout this twelve week course which build on the essential knowledge and skill that supervisor and managers must possess to be successful both in today’s workplace and in the future. Discussions and exercises are geared for leaders in any stage of their careers – from the new supervisor who needs a basic foundation to the tenured manager who has years of experience.
- 12 classes over a 12 week period
- Attendance at 10 of the 12 classes is required to receive the certificate
- $800 program fee for members/ $1075 for non-members
Every Tuesday Evening
May 7th – July 30th
5:00pm – 8:00pm
Questions? Contact SDEA 858-505-0024
**Though good attendance is stressed, if a program participant is unable to attend one or several of the courses for a valid reason, they may make them up during the next semester.
- Introductions to the Program
- Leading in a Time of Change
- Orienting New Hires
- Coaching and Counseling
- Resolving Conflict
- Time Management and Delegation
- Employment Law
- Strategic Interviewing
- Reprimand, Discipline and Discharge
- Performance Appraisals
For a more detailed breakdown of the classes click HERE