Many employers understand the importance of providing new employees an orientation, but some aren’t able to dedicate the time and resources to making it the best it can be. This course will show how to make your company’s Orientation program a valuable and informative experience for your new employees. Learn how to decrease new hire turnover, increase morale and loyalty, and create a positive company culture. The course is facilitated by Michelle Peard, SPHR-CA.
Participants will learn:
- A map (tool) for designing an effective orientation program
- What information needs to be covered in an orientation program – including checklists
- Techniques for making the orientation program interactive
- How to tie the orientation program to performance management
- Tools for engaging your supervisors as part of the on-boarding team
- How to effectively evaluate your orientation program and continuously improve it
Members: $115 | Non-Members: $150
Tuesday, January 20, 2015
9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
SDEA Cancellation Policy:
ALL cancellations for any SDEA event must be received:
- 5 business days prior to the event to receive a full refund
- 3-4 business days before the event, to receive a 50% refund
- 48 business hours before, registrants will not be eligible for a refund.
** Scheduled participants who fail to attend will be billed the full cost of registration.